General Terms and Conditions of Use of this Website
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on the web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- Modify or copy the materials; If you do, we will exercise our rights under the Digital Millennium Copyrights Act to have your website taken down, to protect our intellectual property.
- Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- Attempt to de-compile or reverse engineer any software contained on web site;
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- Transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by us at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on our web site are provided “as is”. We makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, we do not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
4. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on this web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. we do not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. We may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. we do not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
We have not reviewed every page of all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
7. Governing Law
Any claim relating to our web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to its conflict of law provisions. General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
The types of information we collect, and how it is used are as follows:
On our Contact Page – We collect the information below to respond to your inquiry.
- First name
- Email address
- Reason for contact
- Detailed message
On the Suggest a Costimate page, we allow you to suggest a new topic, and collect the information in order to reply and tell you when it has posted to our website.
- Email address
- Project type for which you would like a Costimate.
On our Talk to a Pro page, we collect only the information needed to enable a Pro in your area to get in touch and discuss your project and possibly provide an estimate to complete it. This is done at no cost to you.
- Email address
- Phone number
- Zip code
- Type of project
- Details about your project
In the case of free quote requests, the information you provide is communicated with our Pro Partners at Networx, who locate pre-screened contractors in your area, who have agreed to provide guidance and free estimates for your needs.
Google Adsense, Doubledart and Privacy
Google’s use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained. You are welcome to contact us anytime to request further information.
Steve Hansen, Editor (steve [email protected] costimates.com)